If you’re just starting a ketogenic- or low-carb diet, food choices can sometimes seem a little daunting! Alternatively, if you’ve already been on the plan for a while; finding inspiration for ‘what to have for dinner tonight’ can also prove a challenge!
Never fear however; County Walks in Ketosis has a huge library of delicious LCHF recipes to help along the way.
Chicken is a great option for a huge range of dishes. It’s brilliant in starters, soup or salads, and translates beautifully into rich, sumptuous dinners in a myriad of forms. Its morish yet mild taste can be coupled with exotic flavours from all around the globe; from Middle-Eastern dishes, through to classic French, American, African, Indian, Italian and of course English (he says proudly!).
Its versatility is truly its crowning feature; but it also has an added bonus – it’s incredibly quick to cook and so many cuts are readily available from the local supermarket or butcher, that practically anything is possible!
To provide a little inspiration, I’ve assembled my top 20 ‘chicken’ recipes from this blog. Simply click on the title/hyperlink below to take you straight to the relevant page.
All recipes can be browsed by picture on my pinterest page: country walks in ketosis pinterest.
1. Chinese Leaf Cabbage with Ginger & Peanuts, Served with Crispy Roast Chicken
2. Sweet Chilli Chicken with Buttery Egg-Fried Cauliflower Rice & Cheese Griddled Aubergines
3. Timbale of Chicken, St Agur & Black Olives with Basil & Pumpkin Oil
4. Yoghurt & Cumin ‘Chicken Skewers’ with Roasted Aubergine & Aromatic Cauliflower Rice
5. Warm Jerk Chicken Salad with Quail’s Eggs & Yellow Peppers
6. Warm Paprika-Chicken, Bacon, Edam & Green-Bean Salad with Tangy French Vinaigrette
7. Fiery Jamaican Chicken & Pork with Rum, Coconut & Turmeric Rice
8. Black Forest Chicken with Courgette-Noodles
9. Chinese Chilli Chicken-Drumsticks with Spicy Butternut Noodles
10. Chicken, Chorizo & Chicory Gratin with Smoked Ham, Brie & Emmental
11. Slow-Roasted Chicken with Sausage, Sage & Onion Stuffing & Rich Gruyere, Parmesan Mornay
12. Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Spinach & Coconut Cauliflower-Rice
13. Creamy Italian Pesto, Smoked-Bacon & Mascapone Chicken with Fresh ‘Traffic-Light’ Salad
14. Spatchcocked Roast Chicken Satay with Buttered Greens & Cauliflower Rice
15. Warm ‘Greek-Style’ Chicken Salad with Roasted Aubergine, Courgette, Basil & Halloumi
16. Earthy & Aromatic Spanish Chicken with Chorizo, Aubergine & Buttered Savoy
17. Classic Chicken Caesar Salad
18. Chicken in a Creamy White Wine, Tarragon-Sauce with Roasted Courgette-Gratin
19. Sage-Roasted Chicken with Creamy Forestière Mushrooms, Broccoli & Sugar-Snap Peas
20. Creamy, Mild, Cauliflower, Celery & Coconut Korma (adapted for shellfish or chicken)
Enjoy browsing and thanks for reading. Bon ap!